Ingleton & District Community Association
Ingleton Village Hall is the 'home' of the Ingleton District Community Association. It is located down a walkway next to St John's Church in the centre of Ingleton.
There is a map link on the Parish Council website at http://parishes.durham.gov.uk/ingleton/Pages/default.aspx and the actual location is signposted.
Parking is restricted (two car spaces) so it is best to park on the main road - Front Street. Please park responsibly.
The walkway is well maintained and automatic lights outside the hall make access safe and easy. The entrance has a ramp.
The original hall was improved and extended in 2000 with the help of local donations, county and UK and European grants.
The end of September marked the first anniversary of the installation of the solar panels on the roof of Village Hall. In that time the electricity that has been generated has created an income of £1593 for the Community Association, which represents a return on our investment of 13.8%. By comparison, the income from the Bowles Trust, whose capital was similar to the cost of the solar panels, was £80 over three years.
The tariffs for the electricity generated by the solar panels is guaranteed by the Government for 25 years and inflation proofed against the RPI. Thus the solar panels will generate a reliable income stream for the Community Association for many years to come.
The Hall Spaces
- Main area with a stage. The hall area is 125 square meters and the stage is 32 square meters. The stage can host small productions and music groups. The hall area offers a carpeted area around a dance floor. The flooring is suitable for such classes as ballroom dancing, yoga and tai chi. We also host craft groups, children's events and social clubs. Various layouts of tables,chairs, etc are possible e.g. theatre/lecture style, dinner dance, bar and buffet, fete, up to a maximum of 120 people.
- Two meeting rooms. These are each 20 square meters and can comfortably seat 12 people in 'boardroom' layout.
- Kitchen. A well equipped space able to cater for up to 120 people, with service access to the hall and one of the meeting rooms.
- Two storage rooms and a cloakroom, and
- Toilets (with separate disabled facility).
All spaces are on the ground floor with easy access.
Resources and Facilities
We can offer dance/music and bar licences when required. We are also licensed to show films within our Film Group.
Tables and chairs are available. We can provide, by prior arrangement, various equipment for slide shows and films with some lighting and sound equipment for the stage events. The essential thing is to figure out what you might need, then ask us early if we can provide it. We will do our best to help.
Please note: If you plan to use a computer at the site, you might need to bring your own laptop/PC. We simply cannot keep ahead of IT updates, viruses, compatability, etc. We can display some files from a USB stick via a DVD player, but not PowerPoint displays. Check early with your event organiser and we'll try to sort something out.
We can cater for a maximum of 120 people dining, or a throughput of many more for tea/coffee and snacks.
Terms and Conditions
There are terms and conditions for the hire and use of the village hall. Full details are avaiable from Hazel Whitehead - Tel 01325 730250. Hazel will also provide details of hiring charges and availability.
We ask that you use the hall considerately, leaving it clean and suitable for the next users. Also, think about parking and access needs of your guests/participants, and about the levels of noise, especially when leaving events late at night.
Use the calendar to view when the Community Centre is available to book, or click here to view a list of all events and times the Community Centre is booked for the next 60 days.
The Community Centre is also avilable for hire. Contact Hazel on 01325 730250 or email: